To make sure more young people have access to the things they need, we are asking all Youth Members to follow some basic agreements when accessing services or resources through the HYPE Center. Inability to follow these Center Agreements are subject to consequences, including but not limited to removal from the space.
- COME AS YOU ARE: We welcome all young people regardless of race, gender, identity, nationality, beliefs, and ability.
- UPLIFT COMMUNITY: We elevate our community by sharing ideas and feedback, inviting and building relationships with other young people, partners, and staff.
- RESPECT YOURSELF AND OTHERS: We show mutual-respect by using uplifting language, always asking for consent, and honoring personal boundaries.
- TAKE CARE OF YOURSELF: Your mind, body, and soul deserve compassion. You know you best, do what you need when you need to do it.
- ENJOY AND TAKE CARE OF THE SPACE: You deserve clean, safe, and fun spaces. Together, we take care of this space and everything in it.
- MAKE HYPE YOUR HAVEN: This is a community where you and other young people are safe. HYPE is a sanctuary space free from police, ICE, and uninvited social workers and probation officers.
- LEAVE IT IN A LOCKER: We know things happen outside of these walls. This is not a space for using drugs, weapons, sex work or for recruiting other young people into the life. Lockers are available, no questions asked.
- OPEN YOURSELF TO TRANSFORMATION: this is a non-judgmental space of opportunity, healing, and growth.